Top Ten Tips for Private Practice DrivingPosted on Mar 08, 2021 by admin| Blog
Private practice is an excellent way for you to improve your independent driving skills in a safe environment. Learning to drive on your own has a positive impact on your confidence and gives you skills that you can then rely on when taking your actual driving test.
To help you get the most out of your private practice driving, here are some easy to implement tips:
- Before heading out, always read the rules of the road for your particular state. Knowing these regulations inside and out is the key to safe road use and gives you a solid point of reference when encountering new or difficult situations.
- Start on the easy roads. Throwing yourself directly into a more challenging stretch of road isn’t going to make you a better driver faster, it’s just going to put you and other road users at risk.
- If you’re diving somewhere on a deadline, and are using that time to practice, give yourself extra time to reach your destination so you don’t feel pressured while practicing.
- Vary the roads and routes you use for your practice driving to give yourself a wider range of experiences and get you used to navigating new roads.
- Plan out your route beforehand so you’re confident in where you need to go.
- If you plan to practice your hazards, it’s always a good idea to have the supervising driver help you plan them. Don’t ever be afraid to take instruction from a more experienced driver.
- That being said, driving techniques have improved and developed a lot even in the last decade alone. If you’re supervising driver tells you something that contradicts your driving instructor, stick with what the professional tells you.
- Keep calm. We know that’s easier said than done, but being calm and perceptive is the key to staying safe on the roads.
- Do some research into what you’ll be expected to do during your driving test to give you something to aim towards and to practice during your private driving sessions.
- Take the lessons you’ve learned back to your driving instructor. If you identify something you’re struggling with during your private driving sessions, let your instructor know so they can help you work through it.
Learn to Drive in Nevada Today!
The Northwest Driving School and Traffic School provides the Las Vegas community with live driving and traffic classes taught by seasoned instructors. All of our driving instructors have passed background checks. Each automobile is DMV safety-approved, and every member of the Northwest family is committed to providing excellent driver’s education and behind-the-wheel instruction.
At Northwest, you can expect to find outstanding classes, both on campus and behind the wheel, that are engaging, fact-filled, entertaining, and geared toward success.
We make no bones about it, we believe that Northwest provides the best driving lessons in Las Vegas, no matter your age or background. We are proud of the fact that 98% of our students pass their test on the first try. Call us at (702) 403-1592 to start your driving adventure with one of our expert instructors.
Master Instructor, Emeritus
- How to Stay Calm During City Driving
- How To Get Started With Driving Lessons
- Three Essential Tips for Learner Drivers
- Speeding Fines: 4 Common Myths Busted
- 5 Techniques You Can Use to Anticipate the Road Ahead
- Top Ten Tips for Private Practice Driving
- Are You Ready for Your Practical Driving Test?
- 5 of the Most Dangerous Roads You Don’t Want to Drive On