Causes of Road Accidents and Best Way to AvoidPosted on Feb 28, 2017 by admin| Blog
Studies show that most new drivers will be involved in an accident within the first 6 months of driving. In Nevada, there were 325 fatalities in 2015, an increase of 11.7% over the previous year.
95% of all accidents are caused by driver error. There are seven errors that drivers make that cause accidents:
- Vision errors
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Improper speed adjustments
- Poor judgment of distance or space
- Inadequate or improper vehicle control
- Improper signals
- Sudden actions to avoid objects
If you encounter a hazard, 95% of all hazards can be handled with the first two options.
- Change speed
- Change position
- Combination of speed and position
So what’s the best way to stay out of accidents?
- Have space for your vehicle
- Visibility for the driver
- Time to respond to the problem ahead
Author. Rich Heinrich,
Master Instructor, General Manager