Nevada Sobering Statistics Part llPosted on Oct 04, 2017 by admin| Blog
The following statistics are from the years 2011-2015. Statistics were compiled by Nevada Department of Transportation.
Intersection Safety Problems:
309 people died and 2,377 people were seriously injured in intersection related crashes on Nevada roadways.
- Male drivers aged 26 to 35 years old are involved in most intersection related fatalities and serious injuries.
- 75 % of fatalities and serious injuries occurred in Clark County.
Pedestrian Safety Problems:
336 Pedestrians dies and 688 were seriously injured on Nevada roadways.
- Middle aged male pedestrians are killed or seriously injured more than any other demographic.
- 50 % of pedestrian fatalities and injuries occur mid block. 29% of fatalities and serious injuries occurred in marked crosswalks.
Motorcycle Safety Problems:
238 Motorcyclists died and 968 were seriously injured on Nevada roadways.
- Male drivers 26 to 45 years old are most likely to be involved in motorcycle fatalities and serious injuries.
- 63 % of fatalities and serious injuries occurred during daylight hours
At Northwest Driving School we teach our students the most up to date defensive driving techniques so that they won’t become part of Nevada’s Sobering Statistics.
Master Instructor / General Manager
- What Are the Worst Cities to Drive In?
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Your New Driving Instructor
- Which Gender Is the Better Driver?
- Intensive Driving Lessons or a Normal Course, Which Is Right for You?
- Preparing to Drive at Night
- Dealing With Hazards for New Drivers
- Is it Harder to Learn to Drive Later in Life?
- The Dutch Reach: What Is it and Why Should You Be Using It?